Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some Days, It's Just Tough

Alarm went off at 5:30. I was not ready for my 7-mile. Got dressed. Still not ready. (The fact that I was now covered in cotton aside from my noisy Adidas wind pants didn't help. Tights, polyester shirts, and Nike Dri-Fit socks were all in the laundry.) Checked the temp. 45 degrees. Not as cold as it has been. Still not ready. Out the door, my legs started moving. Still not ready. One mile in, two miles in, three miles in, four miles in, I felt like I could have detoured back to the house at any moment. Just over halfway finished. Ugh. About 5 miles in, I hit the point farthest from the house. All downhill after that. Now it's time for the 2-mile "shell"--a series of long, straight neighborhood streets that lie on the outer perimeter of the neighborhoods I run in. These streets differ significantly from the zig-zagging small blocks that make up the majority of my morning runs. The sun was rising about 56 minutes into my run. Now, my struggle could be readily witnessed by anyone who happened to be looking out a window as I passed by. Roughly an 8-9-minute mile around my own neighborhood, and I finally make it back to the house. I'm already thinking about how I get to sleep in (until 6:30) tomorrow morning.

Do I really have to wait 48 hrs. to do this again??

2-24-08
Distance: 7 miles
Time: 1:03:10
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:54

No comments:

Post a Comment