Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching up

While I have been laying off of the blogging for several days, I have not been laying off the running. I have been maintaining my regular schedule (right margin) except for one day last week that I was not able to make it out. The heat and humidity has slowed me to a walk a couple of times over the past week--especially at 2:00 Saturday (July 4) afternoon after the rain. But I've had a couple of great runs recently too. This morning's was very nice at 66 degrees. And last Wednesday morning, I felt like I could have run 26.2 miles.

I'm now looking at the Bass Pro Shops Marathon in Springfield on Nov. 1 instead of KC and St. Louis. Between the time of year, the hills, and my Route 66 training schedule, it may just make sense to go with the Springfield option. More info

7-6-09
Distance: 6.01
Time: 52:05
Avg. Mile Pace: 8.40

1 comment:

  1. I've thought about doing that one too but I heard that it was very disorganized last year. I don't know what that means but I suggest that you check with Kathy about it bc I think she ran it.

    ReplyDelete