Monday, October 26, 2009

Counting Down


Saturday's run was the first in my week of tapering leading up to the Bass Pro Shops Marathon in Springfield this coming weekend. The new path leading north past OSU-Tulsa and back to the Center of the Universe and the Union Depot (not my picture) was a nice change. Ended up logging 7.74 miles on my Garmin, so when I got home, I ran up the street and back to get in a full 8 miles, and I left it at that.

This morning was a cool, breezy, short run to Memorial and back. My first mile was a warmup (9ish minutes), miles 2 and 3 were notably quicker (around 7:30+), and the fourth mile was a cooldown (around 8 minutes).

Great idea from Patty that I think I am going to implement in Springfield: no music until around mile 16. It will give me something to look forward to, and it will be something to reward myself with. Just one of many great tips she was imparting to us during Saturday's run from her near 30 marathons now. A great benefit of running groups like ours. Thanks Patty!

10-26-09
Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 34:38
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:34

10-24-09
Distance: 8.01 miles
Time: 1:11:33
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:54

3 comments:

  1. Chris I am also planning on doing Springfield this weekend. It will be my 2nd in 2 weeks after the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. Good luck and hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Chris!! Have a great marathon! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if anyone from our group would be going to Springfield. I'll keep an eye out for you Mary. Nice job on the two in two--going for Marathon Maniac status? (Or maybe you're already there!)

    Thanks again Patty. See you a week from Saturday.

    ReplyDelete