Thursday, March 25, 2010

Note to Self: There are No Guarantees on Race Day

This morning's 6-miler in wind and rain reminded me that there are no guarantees with regard to conditions on race day. It reminded me about OKC last year, my first marathon. Amazing that I ran another one after those conditions. This morning, as I was running north directly into the wind and rain, I kept thinking to myself, "it could very well be like this in OKC." (Perhaps even worse!) I don't mind running in the rain--it's actually kind of nice. But 26.2 miles with gusts of wind pelting me in the face with cold rain drops? I think that could get old. It got me thinking about my friends in the Runner's World group who have run 20, 30, 40+ marathons. In light of the sheer number of marathons these runners have taken part in, probability would dictate that they have had some windy, rainy races. Between living in Oklahoma and signing up for races in March and April, it's bound to happen to me too.

No stats today. My home computer is down. Six miles, 8.01 m/m avg. pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment