Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Catching Up

I was out of town last week, so I have some catching up to do today.

The 18-mile run on the 19th with the Runners World group was a long, lonely run, as many of the people in the FOB 4 were running in the Race for the Cure, or they dropped off early (or both). I was pretty excited to see that I sustained a sub-9:00 pace. I checked my Garmin at a little over 13 miles (13.2), and I was under 2 hours, which I was also glad to see.

Last week's runs were pretty standard runs, although I was running without my MP3 player. My (second) Sansa Clip finally quit working for good the weekend of the 18th. I was in Houston last WednesdayFriday, so I ran 5ish miles in the vicinity of the hotel without getting lost, so I'm now 2 for 3!

This past Saturday's 20-miler was challenging, but the weather couldn't have been better. As a matter of fact, I am becoming a little concerned: after OKC, I realized that I had grown accustomed to perfect running conditions. Then, on race day, conditions were far from perfect. I'm sure it will happen again--I just hope I am more prepared than I was in OKC!

9-28-09
Distance: 6.06 miles
Time: 49:48
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:13

9-26-09
Distance: 20.12 miles
Time: 3:06:54
Avg. Mile Pace: 9:16

9-19-09
Distance: 18.06 miles
Time: 2:42:24
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:58

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your running is going well. Unless conditions are bad or something goes wrong, you should have no trouble going under 4 hours. By the way, the last three Rt 66 marathons have had good weather. I am hoping for something around 50 degrees with only a gentle breeze. The OKC marathon is usually windy. It was worse this year than most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave. Yeah, that weather at OKC really took me by surprise. I actually have a marathon in Springfield 3 weeks previous to the Route 66. I'm hoping for cool, dry weather there too. And by the way, thanks for hammering out all of our training routes this time around!

    ReplyDelete