Friday, September 4, 2009

Just Ahead of the Rain--First Time This Week

My best intentions were rained (actually, lightning-ed) out Wednesday and Thursday. My hope to get in at least 17 miles before Saturday's run with the Runner's World group were thwarted. I had decided that unless there were tornadoes within a mile of our house this morning, I was going to run today. (Odds of being struck by lightning, 1 in 700,000, and I was ready to take my chances.)

The moon, not even a day away from being full, was high in the sky when I (finally) got out the door at 5:30. I again ran my old neighborhood route in an attempt to stay off the hills for one more day in light of my recent groin strain.

I can't really explain how good it felt to get my legs back again, and the only thing that bothered me at all was the realization that I was a little more tired than I usually am as I got into the run.

At the end of the run, I had that old familiar feeling that I have grown to appreciate over time: sore legs. But a good sore that merely serves as a reminder that I did something good this morning.

Tomorrow, I'll be back on the hills with the FOB 4 for nine miles of the 18-mile trek--still easing back in to the routine. After this morning's run, I feel very good about getting completely back on track starting next Monday, as I did not even feel a hint of pain or soreness in my left abductor this morning.

9-4-09
Distance: 7.09
Time: 1.01.43
Avg. Mile Pace: 8.40
Rabbit Count: 1

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are back out on the trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. I was so glad to run with the group again!

    ReplyDelete