Friday, September 11, 2009

Grinding Out 6 Quick Miles

This morning, I decided to pick up the pace a little bit. Frustrating how much work it took to do so! But that's OK, I'll get that part over with now so that on November 1, I wont have to work through it for the first time in the midst of 26.2 miles.

It was a quiet, dark run on the Creek Turnpike trail headed west with only two short stops for traffic. I clipped my MP3 player on my "sleeve" (at least, as much of a sleeve as there is on a tank top). About a mile in, it began sliding down the back of the sleeve until it finally ended its descent just inside my arm pit. I didn't want to stop and mess with it, and it was securely clipped, so I left it. It annoyed me for the remaining 5 miles, but at least it didn't cut out (although my right ear bud kept slipping out of my ear because of it). Ended up with an 8:24 average pace, which I have not hit for almost 3 months. My hope is to keep that pace for my 8 mile runs, and eventually get it down closer to 8 minutes. Should help increase my VOx and help me with the hills (as I will be hopefully maintaining this pace on the hilliest sections of the Trail).

9-11-09
Distance: 6.07
Time: 51:00
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:24

No comments:

Post a Comment