Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tired Today

I'm not sure if it was yesterday's 8-mile run, the longest I had since OKC, or the lack of sleep this week, but this morning's 6-mile run was tougher than usual. I decided to go east on the Creek Turnpike trail. In going an extra mile out this morning, I hit a new hill. One of those things where I'm glad when I see it in the distance, knowing that I need hill work, but once I'm on it, I'm not as happy.

It was a great morning for running. Perfect weather, nice sunrise. Unfortunately in the bottom picture, you can't really see the sliver of the moon that remained when I started this morning.

5-21-09
Distance: 6.01
Time: 50:50
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:22

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris,
    I've noticed that most of your runs are at about an 8:30 pace or a little faster. It might do you some good to deliberately slow down on some of your runs to your marathon goal pace or even a little slower. You will feel less tired, and you will still be getting the aerobic conditioning you need.

    ReplyDelete