Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cold Again

As is typical in Oklahoma, the daytime temperature dropped from the 70's to the 30's in the matter of a day, so this morning, I was back to my long-sleeved shirt, my cold-weather tights, and my running vest again. Fortunately, I finished my run before the "winter-mix" rolled in--as I left my house for work this morning, the freezing rain had started.

Despite the cold, I was finally able to get below 8-minute miles again, something I have not done since December 23. It felt good to work harder for that time, and it reminded me of how lazy I've gotten in my Saturday morning distance runs with the Runner's World group. Gotta work on that.

As far as long range plans, I am contemplating trying for Marathon Maniac (bronze) status with three races toward the end of the year: The Chicago Marathon (October 11), the Spirit of the Osage 50K (Missouri, November 1), and the Route 66 Marathon (Oklahoma, November 22). Not only would I take care of Marathon Maniac status by running these races, but I would also hit another goal of mine: a 50K, and on a paved road to boot. Still haven't made a final decision on this yet.

3-12-08
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 39:41 (PR)
Avg. Mile Pace: 7:52

No comments:

Post a Comment