Monday, March 9, 2009

In the Dark Again

Despite the not-so-sunny 9-mile run with the Runner's World group on Saturday, this morning's run seemed unusually dark, thanks to daylight savings. It was tough getting up this morning knowing that it was really 4:30, but I knew that I would feel better today if I just got out of bed and ran. I was tired after a night of teething 1 year old last night, and I made no attempt to beat any records this morning.

Saturday's run with the Runner's World group was nice, easy 9-mile run. (Daryl and I joked about the relativity of the perception of running distances. What is now a nice, easy, short run was once a distance that seemed impossible!) Aside from the ridiculous wind, the weather (temperature) was pretty nice for a run, and the slow pace with occasional stops made for pretty relaxing training. This coming weekend however, I have decided that I've got to step it up in my training if I want to come in anywhere below 5 hours on April 26. I have been a little lazy lately in my long runs, maintaining 10+ mile paces, and stopping much more often than I really need to, with no speed work at all.

3-7-09
Distance: 9.4 miles
Time: Not measured
Avg. Mile Pace: Not measured


3-9-09
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 42:54
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:31

No comments:

Post a Comment