Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Stinky Run

This past Saturday's run with the Runner's World group was down the west side of the Arkansas River. Unfortunately, this path is adjacent to a refinery, a power plant, and a water treatment center. It was an out-and-back, so basically, there was no relief from the smells that billow from such places for the entire run

The run was supposed to be 10 miles, but I ended up turning around at the wrong place, and logging only 9.5 miles for the day. I guess that's what I get for being late!

Monday's (yesterday's) 5-mile neighborhood run was ridiculously windy. I have a thing with wind; I hate it. Even when I'm not running. And running on windy days only exacerbates my disdain for the wind. Also, my MP3 player died less than a mile into my run. But really, that's OK. I couldn't hear it anyway--BECAUSE OF THE WIND!

I moved this morning's 7-mile run to tomorrow. My left arch has been pretty sore lately. I bought some arch supports yesterday, and I iced my foot last night and took some Advil. My hope is that all of that plus a day of rest will make this Saturday's 20-mile run a little less painful.

3-21-09
Distance: 9.5 miles
Time: 1:23 hours (apprx.)
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:18

3-23-09
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 41:59
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:19

No comments:

Post a Comment