Friday, March 20, 2009

A Day Off

Yesterday morning, I skipped my regular Thursday 5-mile run. Haven't missed a day since January, but I'm actually not too bothered by it. In the past, I would occasionally intentionally skip a day, just to give my body a short break. Of course, my skipping of yesterday's run was nothing nearly so noble as giving my body a rest. It was, in fact, because of a particularly festive evening Wednesday night in celebration of big events at work. Despite the fact that there was no good reason to miss, the rest did feel good, and while I did have a few mental proddings to get out and make up for it last night, I decided against it. My left arch has been sore for about 3 weeks straight now-I believe a case of plantar fasciitis-so I welcomed the rest. And I'm looking forward to a solid 10-mile tomorrow morning with the Runner's World group.

No comments:

Post a Comment