Monday, April 6, 2009

Two Uneventful Runs

Saturday's run with the Runner's World group was 11 miles through parts of town we have not run through in quite a while. I don't know that we have run through Woodward Park since training for the Route 66 last Fall. It was a great run--I love the houses in that area. A nice circle around Swan Lake. In and out of downtown. One wrong turn, but pretty minor; pretty quiet otherwise.

This morning's 5-mile was also quiet. While it was pretty windy, especially when running north, it did seem to have calmed down a little from yesterday and last night, when gusts were so loud, they actually woke me up.

Today was the first morning of my intentional (no longer experimental) speed work. Of course, looking at my time, one might wonder. I was a little disappointed looking at the stopwatch about a third of a mile from my house, realizing that I was going to have to push it pretty hard for the last bit in order to get there in under 40 minutes. I felt like I had worked pretty hard--harder than what the stopwatch was showing. Oh well. Ultimately, I know that the effort will help me in the marathon.

4-6-09
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 39:48
Avg. Mile Pace: 7:52

4-4-09
Distance: 11 miles
Time: 1:33:57
Avg. Mile Pace: 8:31

No comments:

Post a Comment