Monday, August 3, 2009

Quick Run, Short Run

While it was not quite as cool Saturday morning as it was a couple of Saturdays ago, the Runner's World training Saturday morning did include a nice, light shower. The pace (8:48) was faster than our usual RW pace, most likely because of the "short" distance (amazing how relative that term has become) of just 8 miles--we felt like we had the energy to burn. It was nice to get home just as my kids were getting out of bed, and looking at the Runner's World training schedule it might be the last time I'm able to do that on a Saturday for a while.

This morning's run, intended to be 5-miles of speed work, was cut short after about 3 1/3 miles, as I was having pretty distracting stomach cramps. Turns out, it was best. My wife had to leave this morning before 6:00, and I probably would have been late in "relieving" her had I run the entire route.

8-3-09
Distance: 3.37
Time: 28:56
Avg. Mile Pace: 8.34
Rabbit Count: 0

8-1-09
Distance: 8
Avg. Mile Pace: 8.48
Rabbit Count: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment