Monday, August 17, 2009

Time to Visit the Doctor

After having run a total of 2 miles since last Monday, I decided that I had rested long enough, and I headed out for an unprecedented Sunday morning run. My plan was to run 8 miles in the morning and 8 miles in the evening to make up for the 16-mile run I missed with the Runner's World group Saturday morning.

I was able to complete the morning 8-miler with trouble, but by the time I was finished, my left side groin muscle felt like someone had shot a hole in it. I limped to my car, and continued with a slight limp through part of the morning. After taking an afternoon break, it started feeling better, but it was still very present. Apparently, I wasn't quite ready for 8 miles after I did whatever it was I did last Monday. Obviously, I skipped the evening run.

So this morning, I set up an appointment at the Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center. I'm sure it's nothing major, but I'm also sure I will be instructed not to run for a while. While this stinks, I just want to find out for how long and what I can do in the meantime, and then to get back on track for this winter's marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment